Format & Call Letters
Classic Rock - The CRAB on 96.5 FM, WZEW HD-2
The CRAB is not an era of music – it's a state of mind.
The CRAB is Mobiles Classic Rock Station playing great music of the 1960's, 1970’s, 1980’s.
Reach thousands of consumers each week with The CRAB.
The CRAB targets Affluent Men 25-64 and Adults 25-54.with high disposable income.
Wide Playlist: The Crab has a music library of over 2500 songs. We go deep with deep tracks from Classic Rock artists from the 60’s to present. The CRAB plays Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Eric Clapton, YES, Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, KISS, Steppin’ Wolf, Genesis, Elton John, Jethro Tull, The Grateful Dead, The Eagles, Rod Stewart, The Doors, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Bad Company, Aerosmith and much more.
The CRAB's Classic Rock music format is a very popular choice for listeners at work.
The CRAB allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
The CRAB's Classic Rock music format continues to be one of the most top rated formats in America for advertisers.
The CRAB's is designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
The CRAB's Classic Rock is a format that has proven itself to be timeless!
The CRAB has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: Over 75% of Classic Rock listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
Ages: 18-44 36.4%
Ages: 25-54 74.5%
Ages: 35-54 67.3%
Ages: 35-64 85.9%
Gender: Aproximatly 70% of The CRAB listeners are male while over 30% are female.
Household Income: Classic Rock listeners in America have high earning power.
- Over 30% of Classic Rock listeners in America have an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Classic Rock listeners in America have an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Over 26% of Classic Rock listeners in America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
- Over 55% of Classic Hit listeners have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
Occupation: Over 30% are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, 15% are employed as Tradespeople, 13% are employed in the Sales and Service industry and 12% are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: The CRAB listeners are well educated.
- Over 27% are College graduates.
- Over 32% have attended community college.
- Over 34% have a high school diploma.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with The CRAB.
The CRAB listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
Home: The CRAB targets homeowners. Over 70% of Classic Rock listeners in Mobile own a home. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors- Other home projects
The CRAB targets listeners with purchasing power in the Mobile area.
The CRAB Listeners
The CRAB is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. Over 50% go out more than 5 to 6 times a month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and women's shoes and accessories.
Investments: The CRAB targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: The CRAB attracts listeners who participate in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
The CRAB has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have large purchasing power!
Classic Rock Format Profile for Mobile and Baldwin Counties
The Classic Rock format in Mobile and Baldwin Counties is popular.
-Listen to Classic Rock on the Radio: 79,404
-HHI 50K+: 62.1%
-HHI 75K+: 35.3%
-HHI less than 35k: 35.3%
-Adults 25-54: 60.1%
-69.6% have had auto repairs/services in the past 12 months
-Activities past 12 months: Lawn Care: 67.8%, Grilling: 65.4%, Gardening 50.4%, Fishing 46.7%
-Been to a sit-down restaurant in the past 30 days: 81.2%
-Shopped hardware/paint/lawn/garden store in the past 12 months: 80.1%
Scarborough Research for Mobile and Baldwin Counties Oct17-Mar18
Get more customers and increase sales with The Crab
We Are Mobile
The CRAB has committed to super-serving the community. The station has a strong focus on local events, issues, entertainment, civic functions, as well as, charitable causes. We take pride in being an important part of the fabric of our community. At The CRAB we love taking part in community events and getting behind local causes that affect our listeners.
The CRAB is extremely proud of its commitment as the community radio station that actively supports hundreds of worthwhile causes.
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here