Format & Call Letters
Sports Talk Radio- WNSP FM
Locally Owned, Locally Operated, Live Local Sports Commentators.
WNSP is the nation's first all-sports FM talk oriented talk radio station.
WNSPmixes the very best local sports talk hosts along with today’s syndicated sports personalities like Chuck Oliver and Dan Patrick for a unique mixture of hot sports opinion.
WNSPis a favorite of sport’s fans in Mobile and Baldwin Counties. Our interactive listeners on the air and in our WNSP sports app are as passionate as we are about local, college and pro sports. Just like all sports fans, our listeners are from all socioeconomic backgrounds, from the corner offices to the workers out in shops. You will always get the day's top sports stories on WNSP.
WNSP ia your source for in depth coverage of Alabama and Auburn Sports. Wer'e the home of Alabama basketball and is a New Orleans Saints Affiliate. We also coveri the SEC in football, basketball and baseball.
WNSP listeners love debating the top stories in sports with local commentators Lee Shirvanian and Mark Heim in the mornings from 6a-9a on The Opening Kickoff , Randy Kennedy and Creg Stephenson in the afternoons from 3p-6p in Sports Drive and Pigskin Pete, Ben Thomas and Randy Kennedy every Wednesday at noon on Prep Spotlight. In the fall we have over 10 hours of local High School sports coverage every Friday. Our guys cover local sports in Mobile and Baldwin counties all year and, of course, you know they are talking about The Tide and The Tigers everyday! WNSP delivers in-depth interviews with coaches, players and sports journalist.
WNSP has more high school football coverage than any media outlet in town.. Your source for recruiting news for all area and national high school athletes
Covering the Gulf Coast outdoors weekly with local hunting and fishing updates during “WNSP Outdoors”
WNSP features the best in local, state and national sports programming in Mobile.
WNSP has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: WNSP targets men 25+.
- 51.7% of WNSP listeners are adults 18 to 49 years old.
- 58.9% of WNSP listeners are adults 25 to 54 year old.
- 48.3% of WNSP listeners in America are adults 50+.
Gender: WNSP targets men. Male: 85.9% Female:14.1%
Household Income: Sports listeners in America have high earning power.
Almost 73.4% of WNSP listeners have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
- 31.4% of WNSP listeners have an annual income of over $100,000.
- 57.9 % of WNSP listeners have an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Sports listeners in America have an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Almost 25% of Sports listeners in America have an income of$25,000 - $49,999.
Occupation: WNSP listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Trades people, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are also employed as Administrators or Clerical staff. 73.4% of WNSP listeners are employed.
Education: WNSP listeners are well educated.
- 76.7 Any College:
- 55.8% are College graduates.
- Over 30% have attended community college.
96.9% of WNSP listeners have some type of Health Insurance.
Get your message out to thousand of potential new customers each week with WNSP.
WNSP targets home owners. 81.1% of WNSP listeners own their own home. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating. 75.5% of WNSP listeners have invested in home improvement.
Home Spending:Started or completed in the past 2 years.
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home project(s)
79.4% of 92 ZEW listeners plan to do home improvements in the next 12 month.
WNSP targets listeners with purchasing power.
WNSP Listeners Are Active Consumers
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smart phones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras
-Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. 94.8% enjoyed going out to restaurants often every month. Over 93.1% go out to a sit down restaurants once a month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
WNSP listeners are ego-friendly. 40.2% buy locally grown food, and 37.4% recycle.
Investments: WNSP targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: WNSP attracts listeners who are very active. 30.7% attend high school sports, and 26.6% have participated in fishing tournaments, 68.8% grilling, 79.7% lawn care, 59.4% fishing: 37.9% boating: and 42.1% hunting.
WNSP listeners participating in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, camping and hiking. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and 26.4% attended concerts.
- Any restaurant in past 30 days: 94.6%
- Sit down restaurant in past30 days: 83.7%
WNSP listeners travel: New Orleans: 29.3% Gulf Shores: 29.3% . Any place within U.S. 74.5%
WNSP listeners are very active with social media. 75.5% participate in social networking.
WNSP has wide appeal with consumers who have huge disposable income!
We Live Here!
WNSP is committed to super serving the community. The station has a strong focus on local events, issues, entertainment, civic functions, as well as, charitable causes. We take pride in being an important part of the fabric of our community.
At WNSP we love taking part in community events and getting behind local causes that affect our listeners.
WNSP is extremely proud of its commitment as the community radio station that actively supports many worthwhile causes.
WNSP Is Built For Advertisers
WNSP is unique from other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to WNSP differently.
WNSP s a high impact foreground listening medium. WNSP listeners are actively listening to get the information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on WNSP.
WNSP is a great investment whether you are trying to reach consumers or businesses and delivers the very best results for your business.
WNSP Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here